Surgeon General, Dr. John H. Armstrong, MD, FACS, tours the Public Safety Complex with Leon County Emergency Medical Services and presents Chief Tom Quillin with a certificate in recognition of support for the Healthiest Weight initiative.
Healthiest Weight Florida was launched in Orlando at the State Surgeon General’s Symposium on Healthiest Weight in January 2013. Through the initiative, the Department of Health is building collaborations and providing assistance to counties, community groups and other partners to implement programs that focus on:
- Increasing the initiation, duration and exclusivity of breastfeeding.
- Promoting improved nutrition and physical activity in early care and education.
- Ensuring that all foods and beverages served and sold in schools meet or exceed the most recent Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Increasing the physical activity for students during the school day and after school programs.
- Increasing access to high-quality, affordable foods in communities.
- Increasing physical activity by improving the built environment in communities.
- Promoting health professional awareness and counseling of patient body mass index
Keywords:Carl Morgan, EMS, Healthiest Weight Florida, Public Safety Complex, Sally Davis, Shane Weaver, Surgeon General, Tom Quillin, certificate, presents
© Leon County • All photos are property of Leon County Government and for personal use only.